Have you known about the trending of using a charcoal mask to remove blackhead on your facial skin? Did it make you conscious and seek for the mirror right away? Have you ever wondered how your face could come up with these small black bumps like that? Blackhead is actually formed when the pores on your face are clogged with excess oil, dead skin cells, and dirt. Due to exposure to the air, the pores get oxidized and become black. Otherwise, they will become whiteheads. When the pores are clogged with bacteria, dirt and dead skin cells, the wax is pushed to the surface of the skin and becomes black when they have an open top and get oxidized by contacting to the air. Everyone hate blackheads and here is the list of 7 home remedies to get rid of blackheads as soon as possible without purchasing the face masks. Besides, you can also consider other blackheads removal as well.
Not only being a standard household compound using in kitchen aspects, but baking soda is also well known for its incredible properties to remove impurities and dirt from the face. Moreover, it is significantly effective in getting rid of blackheads thanks to its small sized particles which can efficiently pull out the blocking wax in the pores.
- Mix some baking soda and plain water to create a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and using circular motions with your fingers to enhance the effectiveness of the remedy.
- Let it sit for several minutes before rinsing it off with water
- Ensure that you do not overuse the solution and always moisturize after you have to use the remedy to stay hydrate as baking soda contains a high level of pH which can be harmful to your skin if use overly.
This remedy is considered one of the easiest way to treat blackhead, and it is significantly useful as well. Lemon can work as an astringent that is regarded as a one-stop solution for almost every skin related conditions.
- Wash your face with your regular cleansing soap and let it dry first.
- Before going to bed, apply the lemon juice that you take from half to one lemon using a cotton ball.
- Let it sit overnight and wash off again in the
- next morning.
- Alternatively, you can also create your face mask by mixing one tsp of cinnamon powder and three tsp of lemon juice.
- Mix these two ingredients well to form a paste and apply it on your affected skin.
- Once again, keep it overnight and wash off in the next morning.
However, a small note is that using lemon juice to treat blackheads will make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, especially during hot summer days. Therefore, you should not adopt this remedy on a regular basis. Otherwise, ensure that you have to use sunscreen or sunblock before going out to protect your skin.
Honey can be used with other ingredients to make the pores strips that are particularly great for getting rid of blackheads from the nose and the cheeks.
- Take on tsp of cinnamon powder or milk and add one tsp of raw honey into the mixture and mix well
- For combination with cinnamon powder, you can apply the paste using the cotton ball and press on the affected skin for not longer than 5 minutes.
- For combination with milk, after mixing, you can heat the mixture until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and leave it for several minutes before washing it off with plain water.
- Repeat the process for once a day.
- This remedy works well for treating acne and blackheads.
Green tea’s health benefits are proven by many scientists and scientific researchers, and they are undeniable. Now you can also use green tea to remove blackheads.
- Take two bags of green tea and steep them in the hot boiling water for half an hour.
- Then let it cool down to room temperature and put into the fridge.
- Using a cotton swab to apply the solution on the affected skin.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash off your face again with plain water.
- Repeat the process for at least a week to get the best results.
Being an age-old ingredient in culinary aspects, turmeric also works well as an agent to treat blackheads. Thanks to its fantastic anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties, turmeric can be used as a natural home remedy for many skin issues. Since there are different variations of turmeric, the most outstanding one you should choose to get rid of blackheads are the edible turmeric and Kasturi turmeric. Kasturi turmeric is not a spice to be added to food. It is more suitable to be used as a treatment for skin conditions especially blackheads.
- Mix a spoon of Kasturi turmeric with plain water, rose water and coconut oil to create a paste
- Apply this paste on the affected skin and let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- This remedy can be adopted as regular as you can until you recognize improvement.
You will be surprised and wonder the reasons of putting sugar on this list. In fact, it has been used for a long time to be a natural exfoliator thanks to its incredible rough texture. Scrubs can be made using sugar and types of essential oils such as olive oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed or sweet almond essential oil. An aromatic oil can be added as well to enhance the fragrance of the mixture.
- Mix four tbsp. Of one essential oil and 1 cup of brown or white sugar.
- Mix well and apply the solution on your face
- Use the circular motion to enhance the effectiveness of the solution.
- Wash off with water after 10 minutes
- Repeat the process for several times a week to significantly reduce blackheads.
Though oatmeal is not a very common treatment of blackheads, it is a significant agent to get rid of blackheads.
- Mix oatmeal with plain water to make a paste.
- Add yogurt in a ratio of 1:3 (1 spoon of cereal goes with three spoons of yogurt)
- You can add two spoons of lemon juice to enhance the effectiveness of the solution.
- Apply the mask on your affected skin and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Wash off with water.
- Repeat process if needed.
Hopefully, this article will clear your doubts about how to get rid of blackheads and give you some useful tips, simple home remedies to remove this annoying skin conditions. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try these solutions out and comment on which one of these treatments is your favorite. And if there is any remedy that we have missed out, you can put that up too.